The before and afters say it all. A bit o-spray paint and some grip tape made our faded, slippery steps spiffy once again.
Here’s how it was done:
- You’ll need a handy dandy friend with an electric scraper tool. (He says he got it at Harbor freight). Saved our butts!
- Find a matching color spray paint. We used brown because it’s the color of dirt. Thinking ahead here.
- Tape some funnies around so you don’t have over spray.
- Stand back to avoid drips. Try to avoid windy days. Bugs will fly into your paint. Apply two coats.
- Measure and cut grip tape strips. We needed wider strips but couldn’t find them, so, we used a double line. Stylish, um?
- And like that, we look pretty spiffy! You should try it too.
Next up, our bumper and maybe my bike fenders too?
It’s a beautiful world and we cover it with spray paint.
PS Hey, we’re not the only ones either. Check out this article on painting your whole car with Spray paint!