We dry camped for six days at the Slabs. A place where everything, included the spirit is free.
Is there more of “us” out there? Yes, there is.
For the first time in our two years on the road, we met up with a group of like minded, professional, nomads. The group gathered from the NuRver online community in Slab City, Niland, CA to celebrate the New Year.
Continue reading NYE 2012 in the “Last Free Place on Earth” Slab City, California
- Experience a Vortex in Sedona Arizona, Red Rock State Park, AZ
- Eat Ice Cream at Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory, Vermont
- Bike Block Island, Rhode Island
- See Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Bike a part of the 21 mile abandon Railroad path, Veronica State Trail, Oregon
- Walk Angel Island, San Francisco, CA
- Photograph the New Mexico Cliff Dwellings, Mesa Verde National Monument
- Walk the Grand Canyon 4000 foot Skywalk, Grand Canyon, AZ
- Milk a Cow at a Farm in New England
- Watch a
Space Shuttle Satellite Launch, Cape Canaveral, FL
- See the City of Savannah, Georgia
- See the Garden of the Gods, Colorado
- Take a Basecamp Adventure on Maine Huts & Trails, Maine
- Boondock Camp in the Sawtooth Mountains, Idaho
- See the Great Smokey Mountains, Tennessee
- Urban Camp in Quebec City, Canada, Miami, FL, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Salt Lake City, UT
- Drive the Motorhome through the Florida Keys
- Drive the Motorhome through the 654 mile, World’s Longest Yard Sale, West Unity, Ohio to Gadsden, Alabama
- Drive Cape Hatteras National Seashore, NC
Okay, Let’s Create Some Urgency with An Incentive
Post YOUR Bucket List on Facebook or your BLOG for all to see and tag @cheddaryeti or post your link on the Cheddar Yeti Facebook page– we’ll email the first one of you a $5 iTunes gift-code. Sweet.
You’ve already gone to the Famous San Diego Zoo, Old Town and Pacific Beach, you’ve even hit the Gaslamp and Hillcrest a time or two, but now you’re ready to dive a bit deeper. From history outside of Balboa Park to urban walking paths and even social clubs, San Diego does live up to her infamous miss-translated name, the Whale’s Vagina.
Continue reading Visiting the Whale’s Vagina; Beyond San Diego’s Touristy Attractions
The only way to know if your favorite eatery is really THAT good; is to leave it.
In your own hometown, eating out is simple. You have your old stand-by’s. You know where to get good take out, impress a visitor, or indulge in your guilty, cheesy, drunkin’ pleasures.
Continue reading San Diego Eateries Worth Missing
Strap Some Wings On This Thing – We’re Headed to Paradise.
Check it out. We got to Maui on four wheels by trading our hard earned road mileage for some much needed air mileage. We’ll share this and other tips that made this tropical island trip possible for two self-employed, motorhome-dwelling, road ramblers.
Continue reading Getting to Maui on Four Wheels