CITIES: Dulzura, San Diego, Murrieta, Hesperia, Atwater, Orangevale, Lakehead, Castella
Hosts: Dad, Rhonda & Bryan, Uncle Scott & Aunt Sandy, Greg & Lynette, Kristen & Bill, Mom & Charlie.
With our fuel injected 7.5 liter, V-8 aluminum can on wheels, we pointed North toward Shasta. We left our winter camp in San Diego hoping for another great year on the road.
Continue reading Year II: Bigger, in a Small Moment Kinda Way
When you live in less than 150 square feet there is always need for more efficient storage spaces. So, we’ve happily turned some awkward holes into usable spaces. Of course, with the help from a wood-whittling, precision-craft, guy-tech, lumber engineer named Charlie Lopez.
Continue reading Our Favorite Wood Chuck on Handy Motorhome Cabinet Upgrades.
- While backpacking in Costa Rica, we gave our last twenty bucks to strangers so that they could make it home from the remote, Nicoya, Peninsula. We became stranded.
- Riding inside our motorhome while getting towed over the steep, windy, roads of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
- We bought a rug in Kusadasi, Turkey from a street vendor who confessed that he “loved Florida,” then invited us back to his home for more apple tea.
- Our traveling outlook changed forever when we stumbling upon a canned-ham trailer motel in Bisbee, AZ.
- While Dennis napped in a hammock on the beach in Montezuma, Costa Rica, a giant wave came to shore and engulfed him. When he noticed I was not in my chair, he feared I had been swept out to sea.
- Unknowingly, we posed for a photo opportunity with a Bear in Yosemite, CA.
- While treasure hunting at a curiosity shop in Erick, Oklahoma we became acquainted with two “hillbilly” entertainers. Together, we sang and drank whiskey straight from the bottle.
- On foot and in complete darkness, after lightning knocked out power to the town of Mal Pais, Costa Rica, we collided with a minefield of Jungle Crabs.
- On a snowy December night, this little neighborhood bar on Shasta Lake opened solely for us and our friends. They fed us and we entertained them.
- After returning from the Matterhorn in Zermatt, Switzerland, I called Dennis’ bluff on his marriage proposal. Then, I said yes!
This post has been entered into the Grantourismo HomeAway Holiday-Rentals travel blogging competition.
If you’ve ever wondered how to dump a motorhome turd tank, you’ll wait no more. We’re not experts but we are dangerously educated in the art of shit storage and septic tank dumping in our few short months on the road.
Continue reading Turd Tank Technology 101.0
Okay, so logic says that summer is filled with warm sunny days. Mustard is the only condiment for wieners. And if you’re traveling in a motorhome, you’ll have all the creature comforts of a cozy home while camping – even when the unexpected occurs.
Continue reading 5 Lessons for Cold Weather Camping in a Motorhome.