Damn skippy we made it.
From our wild ride on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway in New York, down the mountainous Blue Ridge Parkway, across tornado alley, and over the Hoover dam– we soaked up, survived and surrendered over 4,000 miles together on this cross country road trip.
Lubricating this road trip was our deluxe accommodations; our new vintage 1978 Bluebird Wanderlodge bus with our Honda Civic in tow. Making the journey spectacular was our visitors and visits along the way. We arranged sleep overs, and play dates, hitchhikers, new acquaintances, and reunions. Now, we hang out a bit longer, pack our cupboard with unnecessary amounts of spoils for sharing, and even take mini road trips (on top of our main road trip), in the car to expand our local reach – it’s freakin’ awesome.
Continue reading Chapter CY2: Our First Cross Country Vintage Bus Road Trip
From the Pizza Coast to the Burrito Coast, Our First Trip Across The USA In The New Bus.
YES, we’re stoked. That raw, ‘butterflies in your stomach’ kind of excitement you get when you’re about to embark on something completely new. Kind of like when we first set out 3 years ago as nomads, it feels like we’re once again jumping into the axis mundi… or Pandora’s box? We’re never sure which or if they’re really one in the same?
Continue reading USA Coast to Coast, New Directions Unfurl.
Like photographing a Roadrunner in the wild; one must think quick and have a long lens.
The window of opportunity closes fast when we spot a sign on the side of the road. So the real challenge becomes photographing them as we drive by. If Dennis can’t turn the motorhome around, I make do. And while most of my sign photos are shot from the Yeti window, some I’ve darted out into traffic to get, and others we’ve taken on uncharted sign shooting excursions. National Geographic, watch out!
Continue reading Capturing Kitsch: Neon Signs Across America
- Experience a Vortex in Sedona Arizona, Red Rock State Park, AZ
- Eat Ice Cream at Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream Factory, Vermont
- Bike Block Island, Rhode Island
- See Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Bike a part of the 21 mile abandon Railroad path, Veronica State Trail, Oregon
- Walk Angel Island, San Francisco, CA
- Photograph the New Mexico Cliff Dwellings, Mesa Verde National Monument
- Walk the Grand Canyon 4000 foot Skywalk, Grand Canyon, AZ
- Milk a Cow at a Farm in New England
- Watch a
Space Shuttle Satellite Launch, Cape Canaveral, FL
- See the City of Savannah, Georgia
- See the Garden of the Gods, Colorado
- Take a Basecamp Adventure on Maine Huts & Trails, Maine
- Boondock Camp in the Sawtooth Mountains, Idaho
- See the Great Smokey Mountains, Tennessee
- Urban Camp in Quebec City, Canada, Miami, FL, New York, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Salt Lake City, UT
- Drive the Motorhome through the Florida Keys
- Drive the Motorhome through the 654 mile, World’s Longest Yard Sale, West Unity, Ohio to Gadsden, Alabama
- Drive Cape Hatteras National Seashore, NC
Okay, Let’s Create Some Urgency with An Incentive
Post YOUR Bucket List on Facebook or your BLOG for all to see and tag @cheddaryeti or post your link on the Cheddar Yeti Facebook page– we’ll email the first one of you a $5 iTunes gift-code. Sweet.
Take a ride all around America on the dash of the Cheddar Yeti. From Southern California into Yosemite and up through Yellowstone National Park. Across the plains and into Chicago. All over New England and into Washington DC. Straight across the South into Georgia, Louisiana and Texas then back towards California on the desert roads of the Southwest states. A complete circle, caught on film. This is your inspiration for a road trip in five short minutes. Enjoy!