- While backpacking in Costa Rica, we gave our last twenty bucks to strangers so that they could make it home from the remote, Nicoya, Peninsula. We became stranded.
- Riding inside our motorhome while getting towed over the steep, windy, roads of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
- We bought a rug in Kusadasi, Turkey from a street vendor who confessed that he “loved Florida,” then invited us back to his home for more apple tea.
- Our traveling outlook changed forever when we stumbling upon a canned-ham trailer motel in Bisbee, AZ.
- While Dennis napped in a hammock on the beach in Montezuma, Costa Rica, a giant wave came to shore and engulfed him. When he noticed I was not in my chair, he feared I had been swept out to sea.
- Unknowingly, we posed for a photo opportunity with a Bear in Yosemite, CA.
- While treasure hunting at a curiosity shop in Erick, Oklahoma we became acquainted with two “hillbilly” entertainers. Together, we sang and drank whiskey straight from the bottle.
- On foot and in complete darkness, after lightning knocked out power to the town of Mal Pais, Costa Rica, we collided with a minefield of Jungle Crabs.
- On a snowy December night, this little neighborhood bar on Shasta Lake opened solely for us and our friends. They fed us and we entertained them.
- After returning from the Matterhorn in Zermatt, Switzerland, I called Dennis’ bluff on his marriage proposal. Then, I said yes!
This post has been entered into the Grantourismo HomeAway Holiday-Rentals travel blogging competition.
8 responses to “10 Reasons We Found Ourselves Living In An Aluminum Tornado Magnet”
[…] stumbling into Bisbee, Arizona as the beginning of our nomadic obsession. A place that changed our lives forever, but prior to us rounding that old highway bend, we never knew […]
I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Did you design this website yourself or did
you hire someone to do it for you? Plz respond as I’m looking to create my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thank you
It can also be done manually on a chiropractic table. This upper back region
generally experiences small movement. Women should avoid wearing shoes with heels and men should avoid wearing dress shows that are
not well supported.
Can I just say what a comfort to uncover somebody that truly understands what they’re talking about on the net. You definitely realize how to bring a problem to light and make it important. More people should read this and understand this side of the story. I can’t believe you aren’t more popular since you certainly have the gift.
Hi – thanks for entering our February Grantourismo-HomeAway Holiday-Rentals travel blogging competition with such a cheeky entry! Loved it! Just letting you know that the winners will be announced today!
Yeah, #5 was so funny AFTER the initial shock. I was standing behind him and watched the whole thing unfold. Thank you for reading and stopping by our blog. Cheers.
Can only imagine a canned ham trailer motel! Funny, and exciting, list. Good luck in the competition!
great list! but #5? YIKES! good luck!