In the last six months we’ve been able to work from the road while seeing the United States, we can’t lie… it’s awesome. So here’s a top 10 list, in no particular order:
- Sleeping at Walmart… what? Yeah, exactly.
- Seeing wild Bear, moose, & a few buffalo up close.
- Seeing our National Parks
- Biking & hiking, aka binary mountaineering, so to speak.
- Learning to fix a motorhome, change fluids, belts, plugs and other foreign obstacles.
- Catching, gutting, and eating Rainbow Trout from a stream in Idaho.
- Staying on Shasta Lake.
- Experiencing fall in New England.
- Learning to cook over a campfire.
- Seeing all of our family and lots of friends who are sprinkled all over the country.
We’ve driven 15,604 Miles
Visited 3 countries and 22 U.S. states.
Built 6 websites
(We access the internet with a 5 wifi foot antenna or a 3 inch Versizon wireless USB 3G modem. Along with our trusty iPhones.)
Taken 5,562 photos
Made about 21 dumps of the sewer tanks
Sighted 1 UFO
TOP 3 QUESTIONS:
When are you getting home?
We are home! “Home” is where we park the Cheddar Yeti for the day, week or month… We don’t have a permanent zip code, no apartment where our stuff resides.
How long will you be gone?
Uhm? That’s a tricky one. We’re not on vacation. So, really, we’ll be gone until the next time we see you! Which shouldn’t be long, we’re always on the move and maybe closer than you think!
Where are you?
This is my favorite question! Our location changes all the time. We’re staring this blog to better keep you updated, and we have Facebook and Twitter for more up to the moment status of whereabouts. Oh, and we pick up Cyber Hitchhikers, too.
We’ll be leaving Rhode Island late October and heading south bound through New York, Washington DC, Virginia, the Carolinas, Georgia and Florida. Then, directly west to Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Southern California. We plan on being in San Diego early December… Yeti willing. But, more on that later.
We’d like to keep answering the question: “Where are you at?”
In addition to sending postcards in the mail… we’re going to create weekly blog posts in some form of the following:
- Keeping current Location status and maps
- Dennis’ “How to Maintain a Motorhome” video clips
- Jeanette’s Hot Dog, Local food findings and Cooking over campfire illustrated updates
- Location tidbits, such as Skate Spots, Neon Signs etc.
- Possible tech and design from the road stuff.(… posted on the M.O.D.A.T. blog)